These recipes transform the typical diabetic diet from bland and blah to "Mmmmmm!" and "Ahhhhh!" Diabetes Cookbook For Dummies, 2nd Edition is extensively updated with more than 100 new recipes from great restaurants and great chefs. You'll discover taste-tempting dishes like Blueberry Almond Pancakes, BBQ Chicken Potato Hash, Beer Braised Pork, Sweet Potato Biscuits, and Chocolate Almond Biscotti. There's loads of new information about diabetes and the role of diet in managing it, plus:
- Tips on how to fare well with restaurant or fast food fare
- Coverage of ethnic foods, including African-American, Chinese, Italian, French, Indian, Thai, and Mexican
- Info on popular diets, including South Beach, Atkins, Ornish, and others
- Nutrition information and diabetic exchanges for each recipe
- A "visual" guide to portion sizes with comparisons you'll remember, such as a medium potato is the size ...